Provisions of the Central Organisation Department on Further Strengthening Cadre Management at Cadres Education and Training Institutions
26 January 2015
The present provisions are made in accordance with the “Eight Provisions of the XVIII Politburo on improving the style of work and forging close links to the masses” and with the spirit of the “Detailed implementing provisions” of the Central General Office and the State Council, to improve the management of students and earnestly improve the atmosphere of cadres education and training.
1. Cadres who take part in education and training are ordinary students, regardless of their rank. They must maintain a proper attitude to study; be aware that they are students; strictly observe provisions on study and training, clean governance and self-discipline; focus their energy on studying; conscientiously fulfill their training duties. Cadres management departments and cadres education and training institutions must pose concrete requests to cadres who take part in training.
2. During their period of study cadres must live in student dormitories and eat at students canteens. Students, teachers and students must not use public funds to invite each other to dinner. Classes and groups must not treat themselves to banquets in the guise of collective activities. Students must not exit [school] to take part in any banquets and leisure activities which may affect the impartial execution of their official duties. Students who violate [these] provisions will be treated as having left their studies
3. Those who organize students’ participation to such activities as on-site teaching, field inspection and research are not allowed to use police cars to lead the way, to accept invitations to banquets, to accept souvenirs and special local products, to organise trips and recreational activities irrelevant to their studies. Where [these] provisions are violated, leaders responsible for the training institution and team leaders shall be prosecuted.
4. Students are not allowed to accept and give gifts, money, securities, payment certificates and special local products to each other, or to receive any courtesy visits in the name of official visits. Students are not allowed to invite each other to travel in the name of students exchanges, visits, cross-inspections, collective research. Students who violate [these] provisions shall be summoned to an appointment and called to attention, receive a notice of criticism or be ordered to leave their studies. Where precious gifts, money, securities and payment certificates are accepted or given, a notice of criticism of relevant circumstances shall be sent to the department that manages the cadres and to their unit, and [cadres] shall be dealt with according to relevant provisions.
5. During their period of study cadres do not undertake work tasks for their unit, meetings or overseas inspection trips. Where they need to apply for leave due to special circumstances, leave application procedures shall be strictly followed. Where the cumulative leave period exceeds 1/7 of the period of studies, [students] shall be treated as having left their studies. Those who leave their school without permission shall be ordered to leave their studies.
6. Students must write their speeches, reports on their study experiences, research reports and theses by themselves. They are not allowed to hire ghost writers; they are not allowed to plagiarise the research results of third persons; they are not allowed to be “helped in their studies” by secretaries and other staff. Students who violate [these] provisions shall, according to the circumstances, have their grades cancelled, receive a notice of criticism or be ordered to leave their studies.
7. During the period of study or training students must not leave officials cars on the school premises, and they must not use their units’ or their own car to be “accompanied to school”. Students who violate [these] provisions shall receive a notice of criticism.
8. During the period of study and after completion of their courses (diplomas) students are not allowed to form “fraternities”, they must not establish such organisations as fellows or alumni associations of any form; they must not hold organised activities as convenors or contact person. They must not use their relationships with fellow students to seek facilitation or personal gain in connection to cadre appointments, personnel appointments, and their children’s admission to school, employment, entrepreneurial activities. Students who violate [these] provisions shall be considered as having left their studies if they have acted as organisers, and receive a notice of criticism if they have acted as participants. Students who have completed their courses (diplomas) shall be severely dealt with by relevant departments.
9. Cadres education and training managing departments and training institutions must practice strict economies, run schools diligently and thriftily. They must not hold training classes at high grade hotels or scenic places. They must not give top grade consumer goods and souvenirs. Using public funds to organise trips in the name of training is strictly prohibited. Where [these] provisions are violated, leading personnel of the organising unit shall be prosecuted.
Organisation and personnel departments, cadre education and training institutions, cadres units at all administrative levels must pay a high degree of attention, manage cadres at their respective level, be responsible for cadres in their area of work and earnestly fulfill the work of cadre management according to their respective duties and cadre management powers. Organisation and personnel departments must keep records of students’ main performance during their period of study. Records must be kept in cadres personal dossiers and used as the main basis for their appraisal, appointment and promotion. [Students] taking part to focal (zhongdian) training classes and sessions must be followed by a person appointed for such specific task. Cadres education and training institutions must perfect regulatory frameworks, tighten school regulations and school discipline, tighten teaching, pose strict demands on students and educate leading teachers, teachers who are in charge of a class and organisation staff to serve and manage students well. Cadres’ units must support and encourage cadres participation in study and training, do not assign work tasks to them, do not send staff to visit them, and create the conditions to allow cadres to concentrate on studying.
All areas and all departments must research and suggest concrete measures to implement the present provisions according to reality, and earnestly implement them. The Central Organisation Department shall inspect implementation of the present Provisions in due course.