Notice on reporting statistical data on the circumstances of Party cadres abnormal deaths
To all townships (residential districts) Party Committees (Work Committees), to units above the level of units directly controlled by prefectures and ministerial bureaus：
According to the spirit of the Notice by the Organisation Department of the Shantou Party Committee, please compile a statistical summary of the circumstances of abnormal deaths of Party cadres that have occurred in your area and your unit since the 18th Congress, fill out the “Statistical Form on the circumstances of Party cadres abnormal deaths since the 18th Congress” (see the attached form), and send it (in a hard copy and a soft copy) to our Department’s Cadre Supervision Section by 12 January 2015.
Organisation Department of Chenghai District, Shantou MunicipalParty Committee.
8 January 2015.
Chenghai District Statistical Form on the circumstances of Party cadres abnormal deaths since the 18th Congress.
Instructions to fill out the form
1. “Since the 18th Congress” refers to the period between December 2012 and December 2014.
2. The objects of statistics include Party Cadres of rural villages (urban communities), Party cadres who are employed or who have retired and who have died abnormally, as well as Party cadres who are employed and who have died of an acute illness.
3. “Abnormal death” refers to deaths caused by suicide, homicide, work accidents, road accidents, medical accidents, fires and other accidents, or execution of the death penalty.
4. “Age” refers to age at the time of the abnormal death.
5. “Professional rank”. Please tick one of the six boxes: “Province or ministry, prefecture or sub-bureau, county or division, township or section, ordinary cadre.” If they had an administrative rank when the organisation and personnel department appointed them, staff of enterprises are to be included, otherwise choose “other staff”.
6. “Time of death”, fill out the year and month according to the format “X Month X Year”
7. “Reason of death”, fill out by ticking one among “suicide, homicide, other reason”. If “other reason” is chosen, it is necessary to provide an explanation in brackets after the box “other reasons”.
8. If the reason of death was suicide, the sections “place of suicide”, “method of suicide”, “circumstances of suicide” need to be filled out. If the death did not occur by suicide, this section need not be filled.
9. “Place of suicide”, please provide an explanation in brackets after “office building, residential building, hotel, discipline inspection case investigation facility, remand jail (kanshousuo), bridge, park, hospital, other”.
10. “Method of suicide”, please tick one among “by hanging, jumping from a building, jumping from a bridge, jumping in a river, slashing veins, lying on railway tracks, shooting, other. If “other” is chosen it is necessary to provide an explanation in brackets after the box “other”.
11 “Reason of suicide”, please choose one among the following seven: A. Suspected of discipline violations；B. Clinical depression or other psychopathological condition；C. Work pressure；D. Life pressure；E. Contradictions in the household；F. Reason of suicide unknown；G. Other.
In this section if the boxes “A, B, C, D, E, F or G” ticked and if a suicide occurred because of more reasons, more than one box may be ticked. If “G” is chosen an explanation in brackets must be provided after “G”.
12. “Circumstance of investigation by relevant departments” refers to whether discipline inspection organs or procuratorates are conducting an investigation on the person, his family, his colleagues or other relevant persons. If so, please tick one of the following seven boxes：
A. Discipline Inspection Organs are investigating the person；B. Discipline Inspection Organs are investigating the person’s family；C. Discipline Inspection Organs are investigating the person’s colleagues or other relevant persons; D. The Procuratorate is investigating the person；E. The Procuratorate is investigating the person’s family; F. The Procuratorate is investigating the person’s colleagues or other relevant persons；G. Other. A multiple choice among “A, B, C, D, E, F, G” is possible. If “G” is chosen an explanation in brackets must be provided after “G” If no investigation is on-going, tick the box “No”.